MINI is expanding its product family with the launch of a model geared squarely to maximising driving fun. The MINI Coupé indulges the keen driver with a level of agility unmatched in the small car segment, along with a unique body and interior concept and the brand’s customary commitment to premium levels of quality and equipment. The first two-seater in its line-up sees MINI not only breathe new life into its successful racing history but also provide a shot in the arm for the super-compact sports car class. The selection of engines, chassis set-up, weight distribution and aerodynamic properties of the MINI Coupé are all focused on delivering optimum performance. As a result, the new car radiates the brand’s hallmark go-kart feeling with a whole new depth of intensity and achieves the best performance statistics ever recorded by a volume-produced MINI.
The latest generation of four-cylinder petrol and diesel engines.
The MINI Coupé can be ordered with the most powerful petrol and diesel engines in the brand’s arsenal. Outputs range from the 90 kW/122 hp of the MINI Cooper Coupé, to the MINI Cooper SD Coupé (105 kW/143 hp) and MINI Cooper S Coupé (135 kW/184 hp), all the way up to the MINI John Cooper Works Coupé, a thoroughbred athlete producing 155 kW/211 hp.
The ultimate in go-kart feeling.
A level of chassis quality unmatched in the small car segment gives the new MINI model the handling flair you would expect from the brand. The precise Electric Power Steering, the standard-fitted DSC stability control system, powerful brakes and measures designed specifically to optimise torsional rigidity ensure the MINI Coupé driver can enjoy the ultimate in go-kart feeling.
Distinctive roof form, optimised aerodynamics, impressive storage space.
Its flat silhouette and innovative “helmet roof” lend the MINI Coupé a sporty and individual allure. In addition to the integral roof spoiler, an active rear spoiler optimises airflow at higher speeds. Helped by its extremely high-opening tailgate and large luggage area with through-loading facility, the MINI Coupé displays outstanding versatility in day-to-day driving, when transporting leisure items or sports gear, and on trips out with a lucky partner.
At a glance.
- MINI gives the small car segment another fascinating injection of variety with the presentation of the first two-seater in the brand’s current model range. The MINI Coupé represents the faithful transposition of the brand’s sporting DNA into a cutting-edge vehicle concept with a new interpretation of the super-compact sports car class; unrivalled handling agility and the best performance figures of any model in the MINI line-up; innovative design with a distinctive “helmet roof” form and optimised aerodynamic properties; a wide-opening tailgate and large, variable-use luggage area ensuring extensive versatility.
- Latest generation of four-cylinder engines; most powerful petrol and diesel units in the MINI range; engine technology underpinned by the development expertise of the BMW Group / derived directly from motor sport; MINI John Cooper Works Coupé with 155 kW/211 hp, MINI Cooper S Coupé with 135 kW/184 hp, MINI Cooper Coupé with 90 kW/122 hp, MINI Cooper SD Coupé with 105 kW/143 hp; exceptional efficiency thanks to wide range of standard MINIMALISM technology; six-speed manual gearbox fitted as standard, six-speed automatic optional for MINI Cooper S Coupé, MINI Cooper Coupé and MINI Cooper SD Coupé.
- A chassis set-up, weight balance and body structure geared squarely to providing unbeatable driving fun gives the car’s go-kart feeling unrivalled depth; Electric Power Steering and DSC (Dynamic Stability Control) as standard, DTC (Dynamic Traction Control) with EDLC (Electronic Differential Lock Control) optional (standard on MINI John Cooper Works Coupé); innovative pedestrian protection systems and measures to enhance body rigidity shift the car’s weight balance slightly further forward, giving the front-wheel-drive MINI Coupé optimised traction; agility and safety boosted by increase in torsional rigidity using carefully targeted, model-specific strengthening elements.
- First “three-box” MINI with strikingly stepped rear end in the classic style of a gran turismo; sporty, flat coupé silhouette; sits 29 millimetres lower than MINI; new, faithful expression of the hallmark MINI design language; distinctive “helmet roof” with integral roof spoiler; first MINI with an active rear spoiler to optimise airflow at higher speeds; rear spoiler extends automatically at 50 mph.
- Strict two-seater concept with extended stowage and loading capacity behind the driver and passenger seats; large, variable-use luggage area; large through-loading facility into the passenger compartment; wide and extremely high-opening tailgate makes loading easier.
- Engine variants:
MINI John Cooper Works Coupé:
Four-cylinder petrol engine with twin-scroll turbocharger and direct injection, plus numerous technological details carried over directly from motor sport.
Displacement: 1,598 cc,
output: 155 kW/211 hp at 6,000 rpm,
max. torque: 260 Nm/192 lb-ft at 1,850 – 5,600 rpm
(280 Nm/207 lb-ft with Overboost at 1,700 – 4,500 rpm).
Acceleration: 0–62 mph: 6.4 seconds,
Top speed: 149 mph.
Average fuel consumption according to EU standard: 39.8 mpg (7.1 litres per 100 kilometres),
CO2 emissions: 165 g/km.
MINI Cooper S Coupé:
Four-cylinder petrol engine with twin-scroll turbocharger, direct injection and fully variable valve management based on the BMW Group’s VALVETRONIC technology.
Displacement: 1,598 cc,
output: 135 kW/184 hp at 5,500 rpm,
max. torque: 240 Nm/177 lb-ft at 1,600 – 5,000 rpm
(260 Nm/192 lb-ft with Overboost at 1,700 – 4,500 rpm).
Acceleration: 0–62 mph: 6.9 seconds,
Top speed: 143 mph.
Average fuel consumption according to EU standard: 48.7 mpg (5.8 litres per 100 kilometres),
CO2 emissions: 136 g/km.
MINI Cooper Coupé:
Four-cylinder petrol engine with fully variable valve management based on the BMW Group’s VALVETRONIC technology.
Displacement: 1,598 cc,
output: 90 kW/122 hp at 6,000 rpm,
max. torque: 160 Nm/118 lb-ft at 4,250 rpm,
Acceleration: 0–62 mph: 9.0 seconds,
Top speed: 127 mph
Average fuel consumption according to EU standard: 52.3 mpg (5.4 litres per 100 kilometres),
CO2 emissions: 127 g/km.
MINI Cooper SD Coupé:
Four-cylinder turbodiesel with aluminium crankcase, common-rail injection and variable turbine geometry.
Displacement: 1,995 cc,
output: 105 kW/143 hp at 4,000 rpm,
max. torque: 305 Nm/225 lb-ft at 1,750 – 2,700 rpm.
Acceleration: 0–62 mph: 7.9 seconds,
Top speed: 134 mph
Average fuel consumption according to EU standard: 65.7 mpg (4.3 litres per 100 kilometres)
CO2 emissions: 114 g/km.
- Exterior dimensions:
Length: 3,728 millimetres (MINI Cooper S Coupé,
MINI John Cooper Works Coupé: 3,734 millimetres)
Width: 1,683 millimetres
Height: 1,378 millimetres (MINI Cooper S Coupé,
MINI John Cooper Works Coupé: 1,384 millimetres)
Wheelbase: 2,467 millimetres