Saab will display its 9-3 SportHatch Concept car for the first time in the UK at the Canary Wharf Motor Show, from Monday 14 June.
The 9-3 SportHatch Concept is a clear declaration of Saab’s intention to enter a whole new market segment, and is designed for active, outdoor lifestyle types.
Powered by a 250 bhp, 2.0-litre turbo engine with Saab Sentronic automatic transmission and a lowered, sports chassis sitting on 20-inch wheels, the 9-3 Sport-Hatch Concept promises sharp performance to match its looks.
It is intended to take Saab into the mid-size estate segment for the first time by offering a distinctive alternative choice, with hatchback-like proportions that are reminiscent of the shape of its classic Saab 900 forebears.
The exterior and interior styling follows themes from the Saab 9-3X ‘cross-over coupe’ concept and the current 9-3 Sport Saloon. Versatility features that are innovative and surprising support Saab’s concept of ’emotional functionality’.
Main highlights include:
- Bold styling cues from Saab 9-3X ‘cross-over coupé’ concept
- Compact, sporty stance, backed by a chassis with Saab ReAxs control
- Four-seater layout with central ‘clear zone’ motif in front and rear
- Information displays on demand via touch screen functionality
- Glass roof and recessed load fixing points to eliminate roof bars
- Powered tailgate with innovative, integrated bike-carrying function
- Extra storage floor below cargo deck
Also at The Canary Wharf Motor Show will be the Saab 9-3 Sport Saloon, 9-3 Convertible and 9-5 Estate, all in sporty Aero trim.