With three body shapes, hatchback, SW and CC, and twelve different power-plant options, the new 207 will further strengthen the 207’s position as Europe’s top selling small car, a position it has held for the last two consecutive years, 2007 and 2008.
In the UK the 207 is also a big success with over 167,000 vehicles sold since its introduction in June 2006.
The 207 has a deserved reputation for great style, and in August it becomes even more visually appealing due to the introduction of a number of new styling features:
Exterior Styling Changes:
- A redesigned front which combines the car’s natural dynamism with a softer visual look
- Increased use of exterior body colouring and chrome detailing
- Spectacular new rear lights which use panels of light emitting diodes (LEDs) on the hatchback and CC models
A more luxurious Passenger Compartment with:
- New trims and detailing which place the emphasis on perceived quality, comfort and dynamism
- New instrument panel designs with a more modern look and visual appeal
As well as a host of styling changes, the new 207 also benefits from the expertise of Peugeot’s engineers to further reduce fuel consumption and emissions on each new model the marque introduces.
The new 207 benefits from:
- Particularly fuel efficient engines with reduced greenhouse gas emissions
- “Very low fuel consumption” optimised not only aerodynamically but also by operation of the engine itself and the rolling resistance of the vehicle, allowing CO2 emissions to be reduced to 99 g/km
- The gradual introduction of engines meeting the Euro5 emission standard
- Introduction of a gear change indicator on manual gearbox models to encourage the driver to drive in a more environmentally efficient way.
The introduction of the new 207 will also see a range of new standard equipment fitted to the vehicles to enhance both the comfort of all users, the driving experience and the safety capabilities of the vehicle.
- Peugeot Connect USB with Bluetooth, in-car entertainment system
- One-touch direction indicator function for safe lane changes
- Remote controlled window closure, via the plip unit on hatchback and SW models.
- One-touch operation of the driver’s electric window on the 207 CC
With these developments the 207 family of vehicles further affirms its distinctive appeal in each of its available body shapes:
The 207 hatchback, three or five doors: Elegant and user-friendly, dynamic and sporty, it offers a unique blend of comfort and driveability as well as remarkable versatility….
The 207 SW and SW Outdoor: An attractively styled vehicle, a bright interior and remarkable practicality: all major benefits with, for the Outdoor version, an added taste of adventure…
The 207 CC: Europe’s top selling cabriolet, offering attractive styling with the dynamism and safety that are the foundation of its appeal
Details of individual model pricing and specification will be released next month.