Following Clio 2009 range’s world debut alongside New Scénic range, New Mégane Sport Tourer and New Mégane Renaultsport 250 at the Geneva motor show last month, UK pricing has now been released for the new 3- and 5-door, and Sport Tourer versions.
- UK launch of Clio 2009 3- and 5-door and Sport Tourer range comprises 38 versions across seven trim levels: Extreme, Expression, Dynamique, GT, Privilège and Initiale, plus TomTom Edition
- 3-door range priced from £9,995 to £14,445. 5-door £10,595 to £16,895. Sport Tourer £11,445 to £14,645. Entry-level Expression 1.2 versions of 5-door and Sport Tourer cheaper than current range
- High standard equipment levels include: 4x20W radio CD MP3, electric front windows, RCA socket (for portable music players) and trip computer
- Six engines at launch. Four petrol: 1.2 16V 75, 1.2 TCe 100, 1.6 VVT 111 Auto, plus new 1.6 VVT 128. Two diesel: 1.5 dCi 86 and 106
- 30 ‘eCO2′ versions
- Available to order now and in showrooms from 15th May
Featuring refreshed styling and two new versions – TomTom Edition and GT – the new line-up is available to order now and arrives in showrooms on 15th May 2009.
The new Clio 2009 range starts with entry-level Extreme on 3-door versions only. Offering generous equipment levels with 4x20W radio CD MP3 and RCA socket, six airbags, front fog lights and electric front windows, the car has a starting price of £9,995.
Moving up to Expression in 5-door and Sport Tourer guise, the second most popular trim level offers 60:40 split folding rear seat, electric heated door mirrors and driver’s seat height adjustment for added comfort and convenience.
Additional standard equipment on the Sport Tourer version includes black roof bars, body coloured rear spoiler and removable boot floor for extra versatility and security.
Designed to appeal to fleets in particular, Expression A/C (5 door and Sport Tourer) naturally adds air conditioning to the generous Expression trim level.
The core model, Dynamique, retains its 16″ alloy wheels with extended front wings, air conditioning, auto headlights and wipers, curtain airbags, one-touch front electric windows (driver’s side), as well as its sport-oriented leather steering wheel and gearknob, satin chrome interior detailing and soft touch dashboard.
Following the launch of the first affordable integrated satellite navigation system with Carminat TomTom in New Grand Scénic, Clio 2009 is the second range to benefit.
The new Carminat TomTom (5.8 inch colour screen) can be specified either as an option (with remote control and SD card) for £450, or as part of a model in its own right, with the launch of the new TomTom Edition. Sitting just above Dynamique, the two versions available offer all of its ample equipment list, plus cruise control and speed limiter.
Bridging the gap between the sporty Dynamique and flagship Renaultsport 200 models, another trim level, GT, joins the fold. Underlining its warm hatch potency, the three-door model gains a new Clio engine – the 1.6 VVT 128 petrol, with several exterior and interior features highlighting its sportiness.
Distinguishable from lesser models on the outside, the alterations include new 16″ ‘GT’ alloy wheels, extra tinted rear windows and tailgate, fixed cornering lights with black surrounds and, most notably, GT front and rear spoilers, side skirts and twin exhausts.
The performance-oriented enhancements continue on the inside with bespoke GT seats in dark and light carbon with GT logo, drilled aluminium pedal facings, white rev counter and GT leather steering wheel.
Completing the range are the luxury Privilege and Initiale models, reserved for 5-door versions only. Like the GT, both are available with the flagship diesel engine, 1.5 dCi 106 with six-speed gearbox.
The former offers an abundance of comfort features such as climate control, electric front windows with one touch control for driver and front passenger, electric rear windows, Renault hands free keycard with reach adjustable steering wheel, as well as the chic part leather upholstery.
Last, Initiale offers the finest choice of specification, typical of much larger cars, with 4x20W radio CD MP3 with Bluetooth and ‘Plug & Music’ (RCA socket and USB connection), Thatcham category 1 alarm, Carminat TomTom, climate control, electrically heated and folding door mirrors, beige leather upholstery, metallic paint, rear parking proximity sensors and Storage Pack (sunglasses holder, rear sunblind and under parcel shelf garment carrier).
For customers wishing to tailor versions to their exacting tastes, an extensive range of options are available. Among them are (prices quoted include VAT):
- 4x20W radio CD MP3 with Bluetooth and ‘Plug & Music’ £275
- Air conditioning £550
- 15″ ‘Del Arte’ alloy wheels £500
- Fixed cornering lights with black surrounds £150
- Electrically heated and folding door mirrors £150
- Rear parking proximity sensors £300
- Renault Hands Free keycard £275
Five Option Packs also feature:
- Cool – manual air con and electronic panoramic sunroof £1,020
- Protection – curtain airbags, three 3-point rear seatbelts with pretensioners on outer seats (Expression £200). Plus three height adjustable rear headrests and 60:40 split folding rear seat (Extreme – £250)
- Outdoor (Sport Tourer Dynamique) – satin chrome roof bars and fixed cornering lights with black surrounds £250
- Expression Look (Sport Tourer) – black headlight surrounds, extra tinted rear windows and tailgate, body coloured side mouldings, satin chrome roof bars £300
- Storage – sunglasses holder, rear sunblind and under parcel shelf garment carrier £100
Available to order now, the Clio 2009 range launches in UK showrooms on 15th May 2009. For more information, see www.renault.co.uk.
Full pricing for the Clio 2009 range is outlined below:
3 door – Extreme
1.2 16V 75: £9,995
1.5 dCi 86: £11,645
1.2 16V 75: £11,545
1.2 TCe 100: £12,245
1.5 dCi 86: £13,195
1.2 16V 75: £11,905
1.5 dCi 86: £13,555
1.6 VVT 128: £13,495
1.5 dCi 106: £14,445
5 door – Expression
1.2 16V 75: £10,595
1.2 TCe 100: £11,295
1.6 VVT 111 Auto: £12,695
1.5 dCi 86: £12,245
1.2 16V 75: £11,145
1.2 TCe 100: £11,845
1.6 VVT 111 Auto: £13,245
1.5 dCi 86: £12,795
1.2 16V 75: £12,145
1.2 TCe 100: £12,845
1.5 dCi 86: £13,795
1.2 16V 75: £12,505
1.5 dCi 86: £14,155
1.2 TCe 100: £13,695
1.6 VVT 128: £14,445
1.5 dCi 86: £14,645
1.5 dCi 106: £15,395
1.6 VVT 111 Auto: £16,595
1.5 dCi 106: £16,895
Sport Tourer – Expression
1.2 16V 75: £11,445
1.2 TCe 100: £12,145
1.6 VVT 111 Auto: £13,545
1.5 dCi 86: £13,095
1.2 16V 75: £11,995
1.2 TCe 100: £12,695
1.6 VVT 111 Auto: £14,095
1.5 dCi 86: £13,645
1.2 16V 75: £12,995
1.2 TCe 100: £13,695
1.5 dCi 86: £14,645