The new Polestar 2, the second all-electric vehicle from Volvo spin-off Polestar, with start production in early 2020 with first deliveries expected from June.
To begin with, the Polestar 2 will be offered in a highly-specced launch version priced from £49,900, a figure that includes servicing and maintenance for the first three years.
These first models will feature both the Pilot Package and Plus Package as standard, the full specification of which is listed below.
Featuring a 300 kW (402 hp) all-wheel-drive electric powertrain with a 78 kWh battery, Polestar is targetting a range of 500 km (311 miles) and a 0-62 mph time of less than 5 seconds.
The Polestar 2 will also mark the debut of a new Android Automotive OS, offering Google Assistant, Google Maps and Google Play Store, as well as a powerful Harmon Kardon sound system and phone-as-key technology.
Reservations for the new Polestar 2 can be made via the company’s website with a fully refundable deposit.
This will be the modus operandi for the brand, with all purchases made directly and online, although a series of Polestar Spaces are planned to offer information and test drives. The first will open before the end of this year, with 50 globally by the end of 2020.
A Polestar 3, a fully electric performance SUV, will follow in due course.
- Pilot Assist
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Blind Spot Information system with steer assist
- Cross Traffic Alert with brake support
- Rear collision warning and mitigation
- Collision avoidance and mitigation by braking and steering
- Run-off-road mitigation
- Forward collision warning
- Lane Keeping Aid
- Road Sign Information
- Speed limiter
- Driver Alert Control
- Post impact braking
- 360° Camera incl. parking sensors
- Fixed panoramic sunroof + Polestar symbol lit in/on roof
- Pixel headlights with welcome sequence
- LED front fog lights with cornering function
- Headlight high pressure cleaning
- Heated wiper blades
- Heated steering wheel and rear seats (heated front seats fitted by default)
- Power front seat backrests
- Mechanical cushion extensions
- Rear storage net, front seat backrests
- Interior high level illumination
- Harman Kardon premium sound
- Additional USB connector rear
- Inductive charging for smartphone
- Rear floor “lid in lid” with bag holder
Update 8/10/2019: Polestar has today announced that the Performance Pack, aimed at enhancing driver engagement, will be priced at £5,000.
The pack includes adjustable Öhlins dampers, 4-piston Brembo front brake calipers, and 20-inch forged alloy wheels, finished off by gold valve caps and gold seatbelts.