Tom Walkinshaw began his motorsports career in 1968 and then formed Tom Walkinshaw Racing in 1975. Now with over 30 years’ experience in performance engineering, they have turned their expertise on the special edition Mitsubishi L200 double cab pick-up.
The L200 Walkinshaw Performance will benefit from the following standard equipment:
- 20 inch ‘Equinox’ alloy wheels and tyres
- Walkinshaw Performance leather seats
- Walkinshaw Performance decal stickers
- 168PS Rallitronic power upgrade
- DVD satellite navigation system with 7 inch screen
- Cruise control
- ‘Mitsubishi Power’ sound system (420 watts)
- Bluetooth connectivity
- CD Auto-changer
- Stainless steel fuel filler cap, tailgate cover and door handle covers.
In addition, customers buying Mitsubishi’s L200 ‘Walkinshaw Performance’ can opt for enhanced ride, handling and performance courtesy of a ‘Walkinshaw Performance’ sports suspension and exhaust upgrade kit, including:
- 5 Link Rear Suspension with coil springs over dampers
- Polyurethane performance suspension bushes (increases axle control)
- Rubber performance suspension bushes to chassis (reduces road noise)
- Koni performance dampers (front and rear)
- Stainless steel twin exit performance exhaust system
- Anti corrosion protection system
Colours and Pricing
The L200 Walkinshaw Performance will be available in Starlight Silver, Cosmos Black, Graphite Grey, Aztec Red and Sapphire Blue, with metallic and pearlescent paint as an additional option.
Pricing will range from £21,499.00 (CV List Price) for the L200 2.5 DI-D Walkinshaw Performance Double Cab Manual (excluding the Ralliart power upgrade) to £22,799.00 for the L200 2.5 DI-D Walkinshaw Performance Double Cab Automatic (including Rallitronic power upgrade).
The post-registration sports suspension and exhaust upgrade kit is available from the Walkinshaw Performance Group for £2,595 plus VAT.
Award Winning Performance
The Walkinshaw Performance sports suspension and exhaust upgrade has already been winning awards, including the 2008 4×4 and MPV Driver Innovation of the Year Award.
The post-registration upgrade compromises none of the L200’s award winning off road capabilities or load capacity status, meaning the L200 Walkinshaw Performance is still a practical work horse, as well as a performance SUV with outstanding ride and handling characteristics.