The Mégane Renaultsport is widely acclaimed by many as the benchmark hot hatch, but on the off chance it isn’t quite exclusive enough for some, then Renault has the answer with the launch of a new limited edition, the Mégane Renaultsport Red Bull Racing RB8. In fact, exclusivity is virtually guaranteed with a batch of just 30 destined for our shores.
- Renault and Red Bull Racing celebrate their third Formula 1 Constructors’ world title with limited edition Mégane Renaultsport Red Bull Racing RB8
- New flagship Megane Renaultsport takes its inspiration from Red Bull Racing’s Formula 1 identity featuring an exclusive Twilight Blue finish with Platinum Grey detail
- Additional equipment includes Red Bull Racing branding, Recaro seats, R-Link multimedia and TomTom Live navigation system, Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tyres (from the 265 Trophy), plus the latest Version 2.0 of the on-board R.S. Monitor
- Rarity guaranteed with only 30 destined for UK – ordering will open mid-June, with pricing confirmed closer to launch
Exclusive looks – the result of combined inputs from Renault and Red Bull Racing design teams
The exclusive Twilight Blue finish takes its inspiration directly from the race team’s famous colours, while Red Bull Racing graphics at the rear and on the sides are further tell-tale hallmarks of this limited edition car. In addition to its sporty credentials, it stands out as particularly elegant, too, thanks to exterior Platinum Grey details (F1 blade, door handles, door mirror housing and rear lip spoiler) which contrast with the striking Twilight Blue paintwork. Last but not least, a monochrome laurel on the rear side windows celebrates the team’s 2012 Constructors’ world title.
Inside, the new limited edition version comes with a number of exclusive features, including Red Bull Racing branding on the numbered aluminium kickplates and carpet mats. The same logo appears on the headrests of the Recaro seats which are trimmed in a new leather/fabric upholstery.
- Looking to break records? Mégane Renaultsport Red Bull Racing RB8 is shod as standard with the same Bridgestone tyres that helped Mégane Renaultsport 265 Trophy to establish a new lap record for the Nürburgring. These high-performance tyres are fitted to exclusive 19-inch black ‘Steev’ wheels with platinum rims.
Advanced on-board technology : Renault R-Link and Renaultsport Monitor 2.0
This limited edition version marks the availability of the built-in, connected R-Link multimedia tablet for the Mégane Renaultsport range. The system’s six functions (navigation, telephony, multimedia, vehicle, systems and R-Link Store applications catalogue) are controlled using either the touch screen display, the voice command function or the joystick situated on the centre console.
Along with R-Link, there is now also the 2.0 version of Renaultsport Monitor which fans of sporty driving will particularly appreciate. Owners will no longer need to choose between using the navigation or on-board telemetry systems thanks to the fact that the TomTom Live navigation system is built-in.
New for Renaultsport Monitor 2.0
- A new, more user-friendly and intuitive interface which uses R-Link’s seven-inch colour display
- GPS tracked lap timing
- Special Red Bull Racing home page
- Certain information displayed in 3D form
- Data can be saved on a USB dongle
- Plus the usual real-time access to power output data, 0-62 mph times, G-Force diagram, etc.
A Mégane Renaultsport first and foremost
The limited edition version packs the same fundamental features as Mégane Renaultsport 265 Cup, including stiffer springs, dampers, anti-roll bar, limited slip differential, grooved discs with Brembo callipers and the potent two-litre-turbocharged 265hp engine with Stop&Start and trademark Renaultsport technologies.
The limited edition Mégane Renaultsport Red Bull Racing RB8 will be available until 30 September 2013. UK pricing will be made public closer to official launch.