Jaguar has revised the line-up of the award-winning XJ, offering customers even better value-for-money with a host of additional features now offered at no extra cost.
At a Glance
- Contemporary exterior styling for assertive and sporting appearance – including revised front-end design, new side power vents, rear aero spoiler, full width chrome ‘signature blade’ and new rear bumper introduced in 08.
- XJ range offers either the highly acclaimed 2.7-litre V6 twin-turbo diesel and 400bhp (DIN) 4.2-litre supercharged petrol V8.
- XJ diesel offers improved CO2 figure of 209g/km and combined fuel economy of 35.0mpg.
- Satellite navigation, front and rear parking aids, Bi-xenon headlamps with headlamp washers, bright mesh lower grille and side vents – now standard on all models.
- Revised interior with all-new seat design for improved comfort and support. Heated front seats standard across the range with optional air-cooling also available from 08.
- All-aluminium body construction ensures sports-car handling, supreme comfort and significant fuel savings over equivalent steel-bodied cars.
- Every XJ comes with sophisticated safety features such as Computer Active Technology Suspension, Advanced Restraint Technology System, Automatic Speed Limiter and optional Tyre Pressure Monitoring System.
- Latest BluetoothTM connectivity allows up to five approved phones to be paired to the in-car telephone system.
UK Managing Director, Geoff Cousins, said: “The latest Jaguar XJ already benefits from stronger exterior styling for a more assertive and sporting appearance, significant improvements to the interior, and the latest intuitive in-car technology.
“Recent improvements to the interior include an all-new seat design for improved comfort and support and heated front seats standard across the range while air-cooling is now standard on Sovereign models. The XJ also gained an increase in rear leg and foot room thanks to redesigned front seat backs, allowing easier access to the back seats.
“Within the large premium sector, the updated XJ range offers even more outstanding value-for-money for the luxury customer who seeks refinement and dynamic performance combined with a competitive fuel economy. With two highly acclaimed engines to choose from, the XJ is undoubtedly a smart choice for buyers in today’s market.”
For the second year running, the XJ 2.7-litre diesel was named Britain’s Greenest Luxury Car in the Environmental Transport Association’s 2008 Car Buyers Guide. The award recognises Jaguar’s commitment to delivering CO2 and fuel consumption advantages to customers, with the development of industry-leading diesel engines and application of advanced lightweight aluminium vehicle architectures.
Renowned for its all-aluminium body construction, the updated XJ line-up offers a choice of two engines for customers – the XJ diesel which offers drivers of luxury saloons the option to choose a car with combined fuel economy of 35.0mpg* and CO2 emissions of only 209g/km** – an improved figure for 2009, or the mighty 4.2-litre supercharged V8 petrol which has been named ‘Super V8’.
XJ Executive 2.7-litre Diesel – The Executive is priced at £44,599 and now includes satellite navigation as standard as well as front and rear parking aids, Bi-xenon headlamps with headlamp washers, bright mesh lower grille and side vents and Jaguar tread plates.
XJ Sovereign 2.7-litre Diesel – The Sovereign is priced at £50,472 and features 20″ Takoba wheels as standard along with 16/16 soft grain leather heated and cooled seats with embossed front headrests and a leatherette instrument panel and grab handles, plus Jaguar tread plates and front and rear lambs wool rug set.
The Sovereign adds to the Executive specification with DAB (Digital Audio Broadcasting), metallic paint, power fold mirrors, heated rear seats, premium sound system with six CD changer and Jaguar Voice.
The Sport Premium specification is no longer available in the XJ.
XJ Super V8 4.2-litre Petrol – The Super V8 is priced at £57,760 and features the critically acclaimed 4.2-litre supercharged engine previously found in the XJR and boasts a luxurious interior with chrome side vents and Rich Oak veneer as standard.
Other standard features offered with the Super V8 option include Jaguar’s high performance braking system with black painted callipers and a Super V8 badge.
A choice of two specifications is now available in the XJ diesel – Executive and Sovereign. The long wheelbase version can be ordered for each engine derivative for an extra cost of £1,712.