Ford has revised its Ka supermini for 2005, including a new dashboard and extra equipment.
The Ka is apparently Britain’s most popular supermini taking 43 per cent of the market, with 2004 reaching 46,000 and more than half a million Ford Ka models sold in Britain in total.
A new wiring system allow the fitment of extra features, which are standard on all Ka Luxury and Sportka models:
- Variable intermittent front windscreen wipe – for different intensities of rainfall.
- Delayed final action wipe – clears the screen of any drips once the front wipers have been used and switched off.
- Reverse-gear rear wipe – activates automatically if reverse gear is selected when the front wipers are in use.
- Theatre style dimming interior courtesy light – the light gradually dims rather than switches off once the door is closed.
- Flashing lock indicators – the indicator lights on the car flash when remote locking is engaged.
- Auto-relock – the locks re-engage if the vehicle has been unlocked but not opened for a period of time.
The Ka Collection will now also be available with a new six-spoke design alloy wheel as a £400 option and the Sportka will have tinted rear side windows. The familiar moulded bumpers are available in a choice of new colours – Torque Grey or Steel.
An enhanced dashboard means the addition of a new three-litre glovebox on the passenger side. This is a direct response to feedback from Ka drivers who wanted a traditional glovebox instead of the cylindrical box that came with the original styling.
The range of new standard features and options for Ka buyers are available now. Ford Ka prices start at £6,995 on-the-road.