Cadillac presents the all-new Escalade, the next generation of the iconic luxury SUV, at the 76th Geneva Motor Show. The Cadillac Escalade features a new, powerful, all-aluminium V8 engine with an output of 409 hp (301 kW and 565 Nm) and is scheduled to enter the European market in the third quarter of 2006.
Based on General Motors’ brand new full-size SUV architecture, the updated Escalade features new powertrain, chassis, safety and interior systems. These integrated systems deliver the most powerful, efficient luxury SUV in the segment, led by a new 6.2L all-aluminium V8 engine with variable valve timing technology.
“The 2007 Escalade represents the next phase of Cadillac’s product renaissance – one that was launched by the previous-generation Escalade,” said Jim Taylor, Cadillac general manager. “Since its inception, Escalade has been an icon – the vehicle many discerning customers aspire to own.”
New Cadillac Escalade highlights include:
- All-new distinctive exterior design
- A highly refined spacious interior
- A new 409 horsepower 6.2L all-aluminium small-block V8 with VVT providing improved fuel efficiency
- Efficient six-speed automatic transmission with Driver Shift Control
- Stronger frame chassis with responsive coil-over-shock front suspension and rack-and-pinion steering
- Standard roof-mounted head curtain side air bags and StabiliTrak stability control system with new rollover mitigation technology
- Bose 5.1 Digital Surround audio system, including available navigation radio with touch-screen control
- A myriad of luxury features available including chrome wheels, climate controlled front seats, power fold and tumble 2nd row seats, power articulating running boards and power liftgate
- Enhanced four-wheel disc brake system
- Improved fuel economy
Variations of the Cadillac Escalade, the ESV (extended version) and the EXT (pick-up version), will not be launched in Europe. Details of prices, specifications and standard equipment of the European version of the Escalade will be available closer to launch.