The new Citroen C4 Picasso is on sale now, with prices starting from £17,500.
It is the first model to be built on PSA’s new EMP2 platform, and as a result, the new C4 Picasso weighs 140kg less than its predecessor.
The new model is also shorter and lower than the previous model, with a wider track and longer wheelbase, allowing for improved interior space.
The vehicle lighting is a particularly significant styling feature of the new C4, with narrow LED daytime running lights, hi-tech headlights, and a 3D effect for the rear light clusters.
Citroen say the interior has been styled along the principles of ‘loft-living’. In practice, this means a panoramic windscreen is standard across the range, with the option of a large glass sunroof to let in even more light.
The interior features a range of materials and finishes, from gloss blacks to a sparkle-effect, while the door panels feature a laser-engraved pattern.
Two screens are incorporated into the central dashboard – a 7-inch touch-screen controls vehicle settings such as climate control, satellite navigation and the radio, while a panoramic 12-inch screen mounted higher up can be configured to show information such as speed, cruise control, fuel level, etc. It’s possible to upload a personal photo via USB for use as a backdrop.
On models with the ETG6 transmission, the console mounted between driver and front passenger seats can be removed.
There’s no shortage of cabin storage, with six LED-illuminated compartments, one of which is fitted with an audio jack and USB port. 12v charging points can be found in the front, rear and the boot compartment.
Boot capacity has increased over the previous model, with 537 litres available, rising to 630 litres with the rear seats pushed forward. With the front passenger seat folded flat, loads of up to 2.5m in length can be carried, and the clamshell tailgate design allows it to be closed even with protruding loads.
Citroen say they have worked hard to improve both ride and handling, particularly with the use of a new modular rear suspension design.
The engine range starts with the e-HDi 90 Airdream diesel. When fitted with the new optional ETG6 six-speed clutchless manual gearbox, this unit is capable of returning 74.3 mpg while emitting just 98 g/km of CO2. In slightly more powerful e-HDi 115 guise, emissions are 104 g/km with economy of up to 67.3 mpg.
A Euro 6-compliant BlueHDi 150 unit will follow later, with emissions from 110 g/km.
The ETG6 gearbox offers both automatic and manual modes, and incorporates a creep function to make start-stop town driving less tiring.
Safety systems abound, as you might expect for a new vehicle with the full five-star EuroNCAP rating, and include radar cruise control, lane departure warning, auto-dipping headlights, and blind-spot monitoring.
There are four trim levels to choose from – VTR, VTR+, Exclusive and Exclusive+.
The new Citroen C4 Picasso is on sale now, priced from £17,500 for the VTi 120 manual VTR, rising to £24,455 for the Exclusive+ e-HDi 115 ETG6.
Citroen C4 Picasso Prices
|VERSION||CO2 EMISSIONS||OTR PRICE|
|VTi 120 manual VTR||145||£17,500|
|HDi 90 manual VTR||109||£18,195|
|VTi 120 manual VTR+||145||£18,760|
|HDi 90 manual VTR+||109||£19,455|
|e-HDi 90 ETG6 VTR+||98||£20,155|
|e-HDi 115 manual 6-speed VTR+||105||£20,255|
|e-HDi 115 ETG6 VTR+||104||£20,755|
|THP 155 manual 6-speed Exclusive||139||£21,060|
|e-HDi 115 manual 6-speed Exclusive||105||£21,555|
|e-HDi 115 ETG6 Exclusive||105||£22,055|
|THP 155 manual 6-speed Exclusive+||142||£23,460|
|e-HDi 115 manual 6-speed Exclusive+||105||£23,955|
|e-HDi 115 ETG6 Exclusive+||105||£24,455|
Citroen C4 Picasso Standard Equipment
- ABS with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) & Emergency Braking Assistance (EBA)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with traction control
- Air conditioning with dual zone temperature setting
- Automatic electronic parking brake
- Driver’s and front passenger’s airbags with cut-off device
- Front lateral and curtain airbags (including row 2)
- Automatic door and boot locking (when vehicle in motion & in case of accidental unlocking)
- Electronic child lock control and indicator
- Panoramic windscreen (with sliding interior sun blinds)
- Daytime-running LEDs
- Twin optic headlamps
- 16” ‘Viper’ alloy wheels (set of four)
- Two-tone soft touch upper dashboard and white back-lit dashboard illumination
- 3 separate full size rear seats with adjustable recline angle
- Individual fold flat seats with retractable rear head restraints
- Cruise control with speed limiter
- Engine start button
- Gear Efficiency Indicator (GEI)
- 7 inch Touch Drive interface (used to control all vehicle functions)
- 7 inch full colour touch screen
- six speakers
- FM radio
- Aux-in jack, USB (in central storage cubby) & Bluetooth® with media streaming
- Steering wheel controls
- Electronic fuel filler flap release
- 12 volt accessory power socket in central storage cubby and additional 12 volt sockets in row 2 and boot
- Automatic activation of lights and windscreen wipers
- Front fog lights
- Electrically heated and folding body colour door mirrors with LED indicators
- Automatic digital air conditioning with dual zone temperature setting
- Height and tilt adjustable, flat folding front passenger’s seat
- Adjustable armrests for driver’s and front passenger’s seats
- Drawer under driver’s seat and under front passenger’s seat
- Fold-down aircraft style tray tables (integrated in to back of front seats)
- Rear underfloor storage (row 2)
- Air vents for rear seat passengers
- DAB digital radio
- Rear parking sensors
- 12 inch panoramic HD display
- LED front indicators
- Fog lights with cornering function
- Kerb lighting (lights in door mirrors)
- Chrome side signature
- 17” ‘Anaconda’ alloy wheels (set of four)
- Aluminium dashboard trim and air vent surrounds
- High-quality leather steering wheel with satin chrome inserts and 4 control zones
- Kids Pack – Integrated retractable rear side window sun blinds, rear seat conversation mirror
- Reversing camera (displayed on upper 12 inch HD screen)
- Keyless entry and start
- Satellite Navigation with additional USB socket
- Removable and rechargeable boot light/torch
- Active radar guided cruise control with collision alert
- Active seatbelt safety system
- Blind spot monitoring system
- Panoramic sunroof (with dark tinted glass & electric sliding blind)
- LED 3D effect rear lights
- Body colour, electrically heated, folding reverse-dipped door mirrors with LED indicators
- Aluminium front and rear sill scuff protectors
- 18” ‘Python’ alloy wheels (set of four) – excludes e-HDi 115 versions
- Dark tinted windows
- Automatic dimming electro-chrome interior rear-view mirror
- Fan speed adjustment for rear seat passenger air vents
- Integrated dashboard scented air freshener
- Reading spot light for rear aircraft style tray tables
- Driver’s seat electric massage function with adjustable lumbar support
- Extra support head rests
- Front passenger seat RELAX function (electric footrest & massage function)
- Luxury velour carpet mats
- Slate grey half leather with black ‘Ondulice’ cloth
- Front parking sensors
- Park Assist
- Motorised rear tailgate (with programmable opening height memory)