Bentley Motors continues the intensive development of its flagship Arnage range with the introduction of a major programme of powertrain and chassis enhancements for the 2007 Model Year. The Arnage’s renowned 6.75-litre V8 engine now develops up to 500bhp and is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission benefiting performance, driving dynamics and refinement. The powertrain changes are complemented by subtle exterior, interior and under-bonnet design cues.
Key to this performance increase is the most powerful version of Bentley’s legendary V8 engine ever built at the company’s headquarters in Crewe, England. In the performance-oriented Arnage T model, the revised twin-turbocharged V8 engine produces a staggering 500bhp and 1000Nm of torque – an 11percent increase in power and a 14 percent increase in torque over the outgoing model. Twinned with the latest six-speed ZF automatic transmission, which uses state-of-the-art computer management, performance and refinement are optimised at all speeds. In the Arnage R and RL models the new engine is boosted from 400 to 450bhp, while torque climbs from 835 to 875Nm.
“The 2007 Model Year Arnage range is clear evidence of our intent to ensure Bentley’s flagship model remains at the forefront of technology and delivers the performance, refinement and luxury that every Bentley customer demands,” explains Stuart McCullough, Member of the Board, Sales and Marketing.
The 500bhp Arnage T is a true driver’s car with much higher performance and delivers an even more rewarding driving experience. The improvements to the refinement and comfort of the 450bhp Arnage R are equally striking, while the long-wheelbase RL shares the same increased power output together with major improvements to the rear passenger cabin.
“Two years ago we introduced major upgrades to the Arnage’s chassis, steering and brakes,” says Dr Ulrich Eichhorn, Member of the Board, Engineering. “Those improvements meant the car could easily handle a significant increase in power and torque, so work began on this important powertrain programme.”
The 2007 Model Year Arnage also benefits from safety, interior and design improvements. Every Arnage now has a Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, rSAP Bluetooth integrated telephone system and improved driver ergonomics as standard. Additionally, new wheel, exterior paint colour and interior trim options are available, as well as an optional retractable ‘Flying B’ bonnet mascot.
The new 2007 Model Year Bentley Arnage range will go on sale from September 2006.
- Uprated 6.75-litre twin-turbocharged V8 engine in Arnage T produces 500bhp and 1000Nm torque, thanks to new low inertia turbochargers and roller tappet system.
- Arnage R and RL models uprated to 450bhp and 875Nm of torque.
- Latest six-speed ZF automatic transmission with sophisticated locking torque converter provides fast yet ultra-smooth gearshifts.
- New Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) logic system improves dynamic response and handling with less intrusive intervention when a reduction in grip is detected.
- New Tyre Pressure Monitoring System fitted as standard to all Arnage models.
- Improved driver ergonomics thanks to 25mm increase in length of steering column and in vertical steering wheel adjustment.
- Exterior design styling changes includes new dark finish to Arnage T front radiator and bumper grilles, standardised bright chrome finish to R and RL grilles, and Bentley ‘B’ badges on the D-pillars.
- Underbonnet styling now features a black crackle finish to the Arnage T’s inlet manifold, embossed Bentley logo on plenum chambers and new ‘6¾ LITRE TWIN TURBO’ engine plaques.
- Interior design updates include new hide-trimmed gearlever and chrome gearlever bezel providing access to semi-automatic transmission function.
- New Thin Film Technology driver information panel displays more comprehensive and clearly accessible information.
- Arnage RL model receives additional standard specification including rear centre armrest bottle cooler, veneered rear centre cushion box, rear rSAP master telephone system, and reversing camera (US, EU, Australia and New Zealand markets only).